Welcome to Hendon Chess Club!
We are a thriving, friendly and successful chess club in North-West London. With over 50 members, we run 5 teams (including a junior squad) in the Middlesex League . In addition to regular blitz and rapidplay tournaments, we also run other events throughout the year.
The club meets at Golders Green Unitarians Church, 31½ Hoop Lane, Golders Green, London NW11 8BS (5 minutes from Golders Green tube station). Buses H1, H2 and H3 pass along Hoop Lane.
The club meets every Thursday from 7.30pm to 10pm.
Take a look at the calendar for matches and special events.
Visitors and club members not playing in matches are welcome to play social or blitz chess on any Thursday night the club is open.
New members of any age or ability are always welcome. We offer a stimulating evening in a friendly atmosphere – visit the club and see for yourself. And your first two visits are free.
We are open every Thursday for social and blitz chess, plus:
- Thursday 6th October for our monthly FIDE-rated blitz tournament
- Thursday 13th October for the Hendon 1 v Hendon 2 match
- Thursday 20th October for the Hendon 2 v Hendon 1 match
- Thursday 3rd November for our monthly FIDE-rated blitz tournament
- Thursday 10th November for the Hendon 2 v Athenaeum 1 match
- Thursday 17th November for the Hendon Barnet Knights v Muswell Hill 2 match
- Annual Membership fee – full: £60.00
- Annual Membership fee – students, unemployed and juniors: £45.00
There is a £5 discount if you pay your membership fee before or at the October 6th Blitz Tournament!
OR download our Subscription Form and send it in today!